Frescoes, Paintings, Interiores
Apart from that, in 2012-2015 the studio’s collective, with the blessing of Bishop Markell, Vicar of Saint Petersburg eparchy, made wall paintings in the Church of the Transfiguration of Our Lord in the village of Pidma in Leningrad region. The church was built in 1830 and reconstructed in the beginning of the 2000s. The paintings were made in Russian high classicism, colourful, with prevailing white and light blue tints, accentuating the importance of colour symbolism in the Feast of the Transfiguration, in honour of which the church was consecrated. Moreover, the murals in the refectory, vestibule and other secondary rooms were painted in the style of English palaces’ murals from the latter part of the 18th century, that remind us of Pompeian and early Christian catacomb frescoes.